Next half term I’ll be doing a Giants/Dinosaur unit with my Reception Class. Below is a list of some sites that I’ve found useful when looking for ICT based resources. I have added to it as I go along so there are now 9!
- http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/dinosaurs/buildadino/ – You can build your own Dinosaur. You have to make sure it’s balanced and it will be graded for defence and attack capabilities.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/prehistoric_life/dinosaurs/ – A list of resources the BBC have.
- http://www.show.me.uk/topicpage/Dinosaurs.html – A site that gathers together UK Museums online resources in one place.
- http://www.childrensmuseum.org/games/grades_3-5.htm – An American site aimed at Grades 3-5 but I found some useful activities here.
- http://paleobiology.si.edu/dinosaurs/interactives/dig/main.html – POP UP – an animated activity taking children though the process of finding a fossil.
- http://www.abc.net.au/dinosaurs/dino_playground/gallery/default.htm – A gallery of pictures with information about various types of Dinosaur.
- http://www.ictgames.com/dinosaurwordsrepeat.html – A favourite site. This game requires you to collect eggs by matching words to the computer saying them, quite hard for EY.
- http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/5to14/resources/illustrations/dinosaurs/index.asp – A collection of printable resources.
- http://bevevans22.posterous.com/dinosaurs-time – Two printable dinosaur themed blank signs.
Found these links useful? Try this post too:
12 Useful sites for a Food & Healthy Eating topic.